Rev. Stephen Panya BabaECWA President
- Church Planter
- Chartered Accountant
- Business transformer
- Investment strategist
- School of Basic Studies, ABU Zaria
- London School of Accountancy
- Higher National Diploma, London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Masters in Biblical Studies (MBS), ECWA Theological Seminary, Igbaja. Nigeria
- Association of Accounting Technician (AAT), London — Obtained Best Prize Level 1 Worldwide, 1982.
- Chattered Association of Certified Accountant (ACCA), London
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA), Nigeria
Rev. Stephen Panya Baba is happily married to Naomi with five biological children and many other blood related and spiritual children.
-1974/75 ECWA Primary School, Gada Biyu,Jos / ECWA Transferred School Karu
-1975 – 1980 – ECWA Secondary School Miango.
-1980 – 1981 – School of Basic Studies, ABU Zaria.
-1982 – 1987 – London School of Accountancy.
-1995 – 1996 – ECWA Theological Seninary, Igbaja.
– Primary School Certificate, 1975.
– WAEC Division 1, won so many prizes for MOCK WASC results at Prize giving Day, 1980.
– London Chamber of Commerce and Industry — Higher National Diploma, 1982.
– Association of Accounting Technician (AAT), London — Obtained Best Prize Level 1 Worldwide, 1982.
– Chattered Association of Certified Accountant (ACCA), London 1987.
– Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA), Nigeria, 1990.
– Masters in Biblical Studies (MBS), ETSI Nigeria, 1996.
He was exposed to the gospel at a very tender age at home through his parents, but gave his life to Christ as Saviour and Lord during one of the gas light evening preachings of Rev. Yepwi Idako, the first Gbagyi Christian convert at a young age of around five.
On completion from ETSI, employed by EMS of ECWA in 1996 as a Missionary (with the old country of Sudan in mind), hut seconded to ECWA Garki DCC as Urban Church Planter, when getting the papers to go on missions to Sudan proved difficult. Planted ECWA Goodnews Church Maitama, Ministers Hill Abuja (a mission minded church, which grew to supporting 30 EMS Missionary couples by the time he left to EMS in January 2009). God used him to lay a solid foundation that subsequent Pastors built on and the church now supports loo EMS Missionary couples.
– He also set up a system of raising funds to give yearly grants to all ECWA Seminaries and Theological Schools, especially in the Core North of Nigeria and also various other ministries of ECWA and non-ECWA sister ministries like FCS, the Gicleons, Bible Society and others.
Under his leadership, the ECWA Headquarters Audit Department evaluation ranked ECWA Goodnews Maitama Ministers Hill church first in the whole of ECWA for being the most accountable, transparent, faithful and most supportive of other ECWA institutions.
Under his oversight supervision as ECWA Garki DCC Budget Committee Chairman, Pastors Wives allowances were introduced.
– As Local Overseer of ECWA Garki LCC, Revival, Evangelistic and Prayer Programmes were introduced. Many Pastors and their wives went to school on full sponsorship of tuition from the LCC. Special progammes were introduced for Pastors wives who could not read or write.
– God used him to plant other Churches within and outside Abuja municipality. The churches in Ahuja were under his supervision until they were weaned as LCBs. These include ECWA Hausa Kpaduma, ECWA English Kpaduma. ECWA English Mabushi, ECWA Grace Chapel Gvarinpa (ECWA Wuse 2 later joined the effort and contributed substantially), ECWA Hausa Yanga, and many others planted outside Abuja on various Missions Fields.
– Served as Local Overseer of ECWA Garki LCC for two tenures.
— Served as ECWA Garki DCC Budget Committee Chairman [or several years, during which he set up a system of supporting weaker churches and he also successfully discharged many adhoc assignments including Chairing Promotion Committee etc.
– Did part time Accounting Consulting work with FCT Abuja UNDP for 4 years to raise Funds for the then baby ECWA Goodnews Church Maitama Ministers Hill church at planting stage.
Served as EMS Director with Missionaries numbers increasing from around 700 couples to about 1600 couples by the end of 2014, among several other landmark achievements that attended his tenure.
-Served as EMS Director with Missionaries numbers increasing from around 700 couples to about 1600 couples by the end of 2014, among several other landmark achievements that attended his tenure.
-Served as Secretary to ECWA/SIM Scholarship Board for two tenures and Served as Member of ECWA Pension Board.
-Served in the ECWA Finance Board Financial Re-engineering team that midwifed ECWA Gowans MicrofinanceECWA Portfolio Management Ltd (EPML) and ECWA Development Finance Scheme Ltd (EDFSL).
Successfully handled several adhoc assignments given by the ECWA Executive by God’s grace.
* These include Member/Secretary in several ECWA International Pastors Conference Central Planning Committee.
* Secretary, Committee on Harmonisation of Missionaries and Pastors salaries.
* Member of Committees for the creation of Several DCCs, including Gwol and Kwassam.
* Reconciliation /Boundary Adjustment Committee Chairman of Kaduna Central/Kaduna South and Kasuwan Magani DCCs.
* Secretary Investigative Panels set up by ECWA Executive on Misconduct of Some Staff and others.
INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS AND ENGAGEMENTS
* A member of the task force for setting up of an international / interdenominational/intercultural missions partnership of Mission Evangélique Luthérienne au Mali (MELM) based in Mali. Served as Council Vice Chairman for four years and is currently a member of its special committee for its reorganization and re-strategization.
* Has either visited, attended seminars, conferences and made presentations in several international fora in various countries including Cameroun, Chad, Niger Republic, Mali, Republic of Benin, Togo, Ghana, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Malawi, Kenya, Zambia, Uganda, Israel, United Kingdom, United States of America, Japan, Norway, Thailand, South Africa, Germany and the Philippines..
Served in the ECWA Finance Board Financial Re-engineering team that midwifed ECWA Gowans Microfinance, ECWA Portfolio Management Ltd (EPML) and ECWA Development Finance Scheme Ltd (EDFSL).
- Book titled a strange Wind, which deals with correction of contemporary doctrinal errors with special appeal to the ordinary Christian.
- A Book dedicated to training of EMS Missionaries titled Spiritual Warfare for Every Christian.
- A book titled, “The Greatest War of a Believer. (Secret of Victory over Besetting Sins)
- Life, Marriage, Calling and Ministry — A Personal Testimony of Rev Stephen Baba Panya.
Has produced two Music Albums with titles below:
- Nothing (Also titled we are Pilgrims).
- Solemn Favourites.
PRESENTLY HOLDING AND DISCHARGING THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
-Member of ECWA Finance Board.
-EMS of ECWA Cross Borders Coordinator.
-ECWA Television Coordinator.
-ECWA Portfolio Management Limited Chairman.
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in WEAKNESS.”
(2 Corinthians 12:9)
Criteria and Guidelines for all Contestants of the ECWA Anthem The contestant must be in right standing with God (Born Again), however good the individuals anthem. The contestant must be a baptized and committed ECWA member who has been actively involved in the life of the church for not less than six months. Contestants mustOctober 31, 2018
If you’d like a time with the ECWA President, please start by completing the form: